We are looking for a Systems Engineer to join our team. Ideally the successful candidate will have at least 5 years + experience and from a Managed Services background, although other backgrounds will be considered.
Established for over 20 years and with an outstanding reputation. We are a friendly, successful and ambitious company conveniently located in the heart of Kent and within easy reach of Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells and Maidstone. With continued and rapid growth year on year, we are now planning their next exciting period of future business growth.
With further investment in more staff and with the best years yet to come, now is the perfect time to join us and be a part of our next chapter and continued success.
Building upon another record services year, we are looking to recruit another Senior Project Engineer to join their friendly Services Team focusing on infrastructure projects. Working from modern open plan offices, this is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is customer focused, technical and has excellent communication skills looking to further their career and thrive in an enjoyable working environment.
As part of the dedicated services team, you will closely work with the base of new and existing clients supporting, maintaining and improving their IT Infrastructure. As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will be confident, presentable and client facing and able to resolve issues effectively. Your excellent verbal communication skills will transition to exceptional writing skills where you will be able to compose technical proposals combining technical and business benefits in a concise and articulate manner.
As a Microsoft Gold Partner, we proactively encourage all staff to progress their careers by not only providing an exciting and varied working exposure, but we also fund key technical certifications such Microsoft MCPs. All the technical staff are Microsoft Certified Professionals and are encouraged to progress their certifications.
Required Experience / Key Skills
- Well-developed customer care, communication skills both written and verbal are paramount.
- Polite, courteous and customer focused.
- Ability to liaise effectively with clients and build a positive customer experience.
- Substantial IT experience with technologies including;
- IP Networking, Firewalls,
- Server Operating Systems (Windows 2003/2008, 2012 AD and Small Business Server),
- Backup Exec, Veeam,
- Antivirus products,
- Desktop Operating Systems (Windows XP/Vista/7 & 8),
- Exchange Server, SQL,
- Virtualisation (VMware and Hyper V) and SAN’s.
- Organised – able to manage own time and task lists.
- Able to balance working under pressure with a need to escalate and respond to client demand
- Flexibility; ability to learn quickly and under pressure.
- Prepared to work overtime often at short notice.
- Understands the importance of documentation and has a “can do” attitude
- Intelligent, quick logical mind.
- Ability to analyse and research a problem arriving at a logical solution.
- Has a commercial awareness
- Able to identify and communicate opportunities for the Sales Team
- Confident and client facing – Technical lead in client facing meetings
Desirable Experience / Key Skills
- Microsoft Certified Solution Expert or equivalent
- Qualifications in Virtualization technologies such as VMware or Hyper V
- Cisco experience or certification and Terminal Services
- Citrix Metaframe experience is desirable
- Microsoft Lync Server, SharePoint, Office 365, Azure
- Database skills, database administration/SQL knowledge and experience
Key Tasks will include:
- Tier 3 Support across a variety of systems and clients
- Escalation point from Tier 1 / 2 Teams
- Shared responsibility for health of Tier 3 ticket board
- Proactive Monitoring Systems (NOC) Escalated Alerts
- Onsite Support where necessary
- Training and support of Tier 1 and 2 teams
- Client documentation
- Evaluation and exposure to new technologies and products for resale potential
- Part of Out of hours On-Call team rota
- Training will be provided
- Full driving license/car owner is essential
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org